Pages

Welcome to my blog

My name is Gilles Charbonneau

I am a long time 2d animator and I would like to share with you some of the tips and tricks I have learned over the years by posting tutorials and articles on this blog.

Gilles

Tip #1 - Keep it simple

Hello everyone!

Are you a member of the K.I.S.S. ?

Keep
It
Simple
Society (got you there, now haven't I)

My first tip is more of an advice really.

Animation is about expression, expression of something You, the animator, want to convey to your audience.

Even if You work for a client, there is, or at least should be, a piece of You that leaks into the animation You are producing.

So the best advice I can give to any budding, and even to the more seasoned animators, is to keep it simple.

Do not get into complicated ways of thinking, stick to the basic principles of animation and let them work for You.

This apply to the way You work inside Anime Studio.

Do not loose yourself into complicated ways of thinking, like over the head bone rigs.

I know animators who intellectualize everything, make things simple look complicated, or make thing look easy while in fact the way they do it would just bring You brain damage.

Let them enjoy their little world of the overly complicated.

Do not over-think everything!

Do not look for a do it all gimmick that would solve all your animation needs, such a thing just does not exist.

I have seen wanting animators spend so much time looking for such a gimmick, that after months of search they ended up where they started, animation is a simple thing that only needs practicing, now, how much practice depends on You!

Learn the basics, start animating and build up from there.

And most of all, and this is by far the most important thing, have fun doing it.

Think of animation as a way to bring non animated characters to live, a way to tell your story, or someone else story.

Gilles

2 comments:

  1. You are welcome.

    I have more technical tips coming.

    I will try to put up one a day, except for week-ends of course!

    ReplyDelete