Pages

Welcome to my blog

My name is Gilles Charbonneau

I am a long time 2d animator and I would like to share with you some of the tips and tricks I have learned over the years by posting tutorials and articles on this blog.

Gilles

Update #1

Hello everyone.

Just a quick update on the blog.

I did a bit of cleaning up on the blog, mostly getting rid of some of the categories to make room for new ones and I got rid of the polls, as one was getting pretty old and the other one was deactivated.

5000 PAGE VIEWS

As you can all see, the blog has now over 5000 page views, which is awesome, so I want to say a big thank to all of you who come here on a regular basis, the others too! :)

NEW CATEGORIES

I was thinking about making a Tips & Tricks category, where I would share little tricks I learned and maybe share some advice, small but useful stuff.

Not sure how to name this, Tips & Tricks is the first name that came to me, maybe one of you has a suggestion for a name for this category?

I will also start a category where I will discuss events or thoughts that will be connected to either animation, my work, or both.

Again, not sure how to name this, will have to thinker a bit on that!

NEW WORKSTATION

I plan on building myself a new workstation, so I ordered tons of new parts and should get on it in the next couples of days.

I did lots and lots of research on the subject and I will share my findings on the blog and I will do so with many pictures to illustrate what I came up with for a budget conscious but professional workstation.

VIDEO TUTORIAL SERIES

I have been talking for some times about making a professional series of video tutorials. I have asked on the official forum what you, the users, would like to see in such a video set.

So, the next couples of days I will start working on these and I will be posting the type of content that will be included on the video set.

I plan to release these in October, hard to say exactly when for the moment.

I cannot release those for free though, as i cannot justify the amount of time needed to make high quality video tutorials with all the sample files that needs to be included with them, especially since the blog was not exactly flooded with donations! :)

In the next couples of weeks I will post the animations that will be part of the set.

Gilles

2 comments:

  1. Great Gilles
    It all sounds great. tips and tricks? Very useful.
    I already commented on the tutorials. You can count me in and I understand and gladly pay some money for it as I know how much time it takes to do things like this.
    A new Workstation? What do you mean? I am interested, but as you said you will share your thoughts on this matter.
    Much love and greetings
    Dust

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dust!

    First, thanks for your support.

    By workstation I meant a new computer, something professional but not one to break the bank!

    ReplyDelete