Pages

Welcome to my blog

My name is Gilles Charbonneau

I am a long time 2d animator and I would like to share with you some of the tips and tricks I have learned over the years by posting tutorials and articles on this blog.

Gilles

Frame by frame animation

Following a post on the official Anime Studio forum, I am working on a frame by frame workflow to try and push the quality I can achieve with Anime Studio Pro.

Here is the scene I am working on.

It is a scene from Disney The Princess and the Frog movie, what better choice to compare and see if Anime Studio can leverage that kind of quality.

Personally I believe it can, the question is, is it worth the time, I guess we'll see!

I will try to have a working workflow and a finished animation by the end of the week-end!

Gilles

2 comments:

  1. Having done quite a bit of frame by frame animation lately using AS I'm very keen to see how you approach this. Your tutorials so far are superb.
    Btw, I can't wait for your set of commercial tutorials. I will be first in line =0)

    Dale

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will make me the second then. As far as frame by frame animation, yes, I am very curious to see what you come up with. Quality is such an important aspect as I see it. Some cartoons have that certain spark, yet others lack greatly in beauty, and although they may have a good storyline, I simply do not enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete