Pages

Welcome to my blog

My name is Gilles Charbonneau

I am a long time 2d animator and I would like to share with you some of the tips and tricks I have learned over the years by posting tutorials and articles on this blog.

Gilles

Update #7

Change in tactics.

I will create all the assets first, then I will make the movies, as it takes way too long to make the asset, then the movie for each part of the set separately.

I am working on the lip-synch assets at the moment and here is an early test with a set of phonemes.



Gilles

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gilles
    Looking great.
    Just had a technical question for you about making the Anime project into a movie. I made a little testmovie advertising our magazine. It's cute although very flawed but I am nevertheless OK with it.
    I exported it into movie format. Good quality.
    Then I added some things to it in Imovie (I work in MAC, but the question is the same for Mac or Windows)
    The quality dsropped tremendously. What could I do about it? Do you have any links to tips on how to export movies in good quality so it can be on the Web?
    Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dust.

    Was the original You imported in Imovie uncompressed, like a series of images, uncompressed Quicktime or at least 100% Animation codec?

    If You imported compressed footage in Imovie then compressed it again, then image quality will drop.

    You need to use uncompressed footage all the way until You export your final movie, otherwise every time You compress You loose quality.

    As for the final movie, if You export for Youtube, high quality mpeg-4 is best in my opinion, if You export to the web, like .flv, I would say your best bet is h-264

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gilles.
    I will look into that. What you said makes a lot of sense.
    Have a good night

    ReplyDelete